I was in a baking mood today. A month of no baking came to an end, and I decided to go all out. These cupcakes are incredibly rich just as they are, but if you want your guests unable to move, you might want to add a chocolate or peanut butter butter cream frosting.
4oz softened unsalted butter
2oz crunchy peanutbutter
5oz superfine sugar
3 medium eggs
6oz self-rising (cake) flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder.
Nutella, to taste.
1) Preheat oven to 180 celsius (360 f) make sure shelf is in centre of oven.
2) In a mixer, beat together butter and peanutbutter until creamy and well incorporated. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
3) Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4) Sieve in flour, salt and cinnamon. Mix on slowest setting until just mixed.
5) Remove one third of batter, into this, sieve the cocoa, mix.
6) Place the cocoa cake mix back in the main bowl, and mix lightly, for a marbled effect.
7) Place cupcake cases in a 12 hole cupcake tin.
8) Part fill the cases with cake batter, put a dollop of nutella (about 3/4 tsp) in the middle, top with cake batter.
9) Bake in centre of oven for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned and springy.
10) Enjoy, and don't plan any strenuous activity for the rest of the day. ;)