Thursday 26 January 2012

Another Year Older

Tuesday was my birthday. It wasn't much different from any other day. I allowed myself a little lee-way in my healthy eating, but really it was just a normal day.

Except it wasn't.

My mum and sister's dog was put to sleep that morning. Bonnie was very elderly, and had become increasingly frail in body and mind. The vet went to the house. I'm glad, because that will have reduced the stress of the situation significantly.

The twins also needed to go for their vaccinations. My sister very kindly came to help me get them ready, and also came with me to the clinic. It was good for me to get some help, and it was good for my sister. She had just lost a beloved pet, and needed something to do. Smiling when you're that sad is hard to do, but there's one thing that's harder.

Trying NOT to smile, when a small child is smiling at you.

Children, although they can be impish, exhausting, fractious, and perplexing are one thing above all.

They are healer's. It is at the very core of their being. They heal hearts that are hurting, they help heal our selfish tendencies, and the lack of hope that can flatten us at times.

They are healer's, they are possibility, they are hope.

I couldn't have had a better birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment