Saturday 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

I'm sitting here on New Year's Eve. It's 08.20am, and still dark. All outside is still, and the land is like the year's death-bed. Tomorrow will be quiet too, but in a different way. The air will turn from somber reflections to great expectations, and the quiet will be of the 'don't wake the baby' kind. In between, of course, at midnight, will be the euphoria of birth, as we welcome in the New Year.

Ahem, right, now I've indulged my inner school-girl scribbler, I'll move on.

Since my last post I've been thinking about being more specific in my goals for 2012. The following are things I want to commit to:

1) I will make prayer more of a focus in my life

2) I will trust God and his love for me more than I do at the moment

3) I will consume AT LEAST 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.

4) I will cut-down on red meat

5) I will eat more fish

6) I will eat less refined carbs

7) I will drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.

8) I will get active at least 3 times a week

9) I will get back into my Uk size 14 jeans.

10) I will (try) to stop beating myself up and stop being self-defeatist.

These are small steps that will hopefully add up to big changes, and to me being the best 'Me', the best wife, and the best mother I can possibly be.

Most of all, I'm going to believe the words of John 10:10 'I came so that they might have life, and have it more abundantly.' Let 2012 be the year my family and I embrace a truly abundant life.

Thank you for reading. May God shower blessings on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment