Wednesday 15 August 2012

Guilt

Guilt seems to be a prevalent emotion for a mother, especially a Catholic one. I feel guilty if we miss Mass, and guilty if we go and the twins cause a disturbance.

I feel guilty if I spend too much time playing with the twins, and not enough doing housework, like I'm not pulling my weight. On the other hand, if I do too much cleaning, and not enough playing, I worry my kids are being neglected, and aren't having enough fun.

I feel guilty if I spend too much on groceries, but also guilty if I buy a generic product because it's cheaper, even though I know my husband prefers the branded.

I feel guilty about buying anything for myself, especially clothes. Then again, I feel guilty about my husband coming home to a paint-stained, sweats-clad, ugly, shapeless blob.

I'm pretty sure some guilty feelings are ok, if they spur us to better actions, but I don't know how to get rid of the silly ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment